Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Great Tacoma Bridge

We LOVE Sundays:) haha finally a day off work and we all get together for Sunday dinner and we plan something great to do! This Sunday Pete made us a pot roast dinner with asparagus and potatoes! Oh Pete... our mother up here:) He did an amazing job!!



The Tacoma bridge is about 10 minutes from our apartments! In 1940 it collapsed due to very strong winds! It was rebuilt and today we decided to walk across the bridge and then play on the beach that was nearby.. the wind was so cold up there! Chase decided to hit a golf ball off of the bridge.. haha 
There are emergency phones about every 20 feet on the bridge! I never understood why but we learned that they are there in case someone is trying to commit suicide then you can call 911! 

 
The boys found another tree to climb on! haha oh and they also found a rope swing that we played on... 
This week Mark and I start our diets and working out hard! The only difficult thing about here is that there are no flat grounds to run on! Its all up and down hills haha but we can do it:) I am also knocking myself everyday this week! We are getting me some mase to protect myself! I hope that the people here are nice to me this week:) My cousin Chase arrived Saturday morning and it has already been fun to have him around! I love that I have some family here:) My parents and my sisters come to visit on Thursday! We are going to spend the weekend on an island... Mark and I are stoked!

2 comments:

  1. You guys are doing some amazing stuff! How fun. And...why do you need to go on a diet? Seriously girl! I hope you have tonz of fun when your family comes up to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darren love the socks!!! I miss you gusy I think you guys should just come home:)

    ReplyDelete