Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Our Last Goodbye....

I am sitting at work right now and thinking about how many goodbyes we have said lately! Goodbyes can be good and goodbyes can be sad... depending on how positive we might be. Last night my bestie Alexis put together a going away/birthday party for me! We went to dinner at Zupas and she had made cheesecake for Ashlee's, Kathryn's and myselfs birthday cake:) I am pretty sure that Chelsey and I ate 90% of the cheesecake! As dinner wrapped up and 9:00 PM came I said a final goodbye to my sister-n-law Kelsee. She and I have become so close these past years. She is a blessing to our family- it is so fun to be able to go to the temple and see her and Zach there! I just love it! I said goodbye to Ashlee and Kathryn.. and also Heather. Monday night I went to lunch with Ashley Greenwell and we said our final goodbyes :( I know that it is only four months but living out of state and knowing that you can't just -go to lunch- with a good friend is really sad for me! I hate saying goodbye to family and friends no matter the length of time that you are gone..

Another goodbye that has been bittersweet was saying goodbye to Grandma Pugh. She was diagnosed with Alzheimers a few years ago and recently came down with Pneumonia. The past week has been hard for her and her last moments were even harder. It has been comforting to see the support of the Pugh family and how they have all come together in this time of need! Marilyn- Mark's Aunt- told me that she had finished some temple work for close family members of Grandma Pugh and they are waiting for her anxiously on the other side. I have not been old enough to remember the experience of a loved one passing on. I say that it is bittersweet because it is so hard to see them leave but through the Gospel we know that we will be able to see them again! I am grateful for that knowledge we have- it makes these times much more peaceful.

Today is also my last day at the accounting firm! I have so much enjoyed working with this firm.. I am sad to leave the friends I have made behind for the next few months! They are wanting me back so hopefully during this coming fall tax deadline I will be right back in this comfy chair:)

The next few days are going to be busy getting all packed and ready to move to Seattle! We are going to be living in Tacoma... comparable to Utah, Seattle is like Salt Lake City and Tacome is like West Valley. We are in a pretty "ghetto" area of Washington, BUT, we are 3 miles from the shoreline and a few miles from a golf course- Mark is pretty excited about that! We leave May 3rd and will be back the end of August! When we arrive in Tacoma and are in our new place I will take pictures and post them!! Wish us luck! Goodbye Utah, we will see you soon!

Tacoma, Washington

3 comments:

  1. Wow....thanks for making me cry at work!! :(

    I am going to miss you Heidi! I am so glad that I have had the privilege of being your friend for such a long long time. I love you with all my heart and I am excited to hear about all the adventures you have in Washington. See you at the wedding! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi you are so cute! I am so blessed to have you in my life. What you wrote in your blog is exactly how I feel. It has been so hard to leave good friends and ALL of my family. But, you are going to be with your amazing husband, and making some fun memories. I know you will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi!! I love reading your posts. Hope you have a great time in Washington. :) Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete