Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Bladin' Puget Sound


The Chambers Bay Golf Course is ranked one of the top 10 in the United States! They will be hosting the 2015 U.S. Open and the 2010 U.S. Amateur Championship here.. it is gorgeous. 
Around this Golf Course there is a walking/running trail that is about 3 1/4miles long.. There are two trails that connect together. One is the Soundview Trail: this trail is about 2 miles long and very difficult. It takes you up and down hills and back up a small canyon to connect to the second trail Grandview Trail: this trail is about 1 1/4 miles and is atop a 200 foot bluff. You can see out all over the Chambers Bay Golf Course and Puget Sound. It is a pretty difficult trail to run... considering I am used to a treadmill! But it is gorgeous and EVERYONE is out running, riding bikes, walking their dogs, and roller blading. Which brings me to my next point!

I HAD FORGOTTEN HOW MUCH FUN ROLLER BLADING IS!!!
Darren's "new" girlfriend that he has been dating, Sawyer, had plenty of pairs of roller blades for us! When the boys got home from working we drove to this trail and bladed along the top of it! It is about a mile and a half stretch from one end to the next... it was so much fun, but scary because it was so dark! 
Mark's big 23rd Birthday was the last Tuesday as well! 
 And boy did I stress about it! He hates spending money and he "doesn't want/ need" anything. (or so he says) So what was I supposed to do!? So Monday night I went to Safeway and bought Waffle Mix, Chocolate Milk, Orange Juice, Eggs, Bacon, Hash Browns, Peaches, Strawberries and Syrup! I decided to surprise him with a big breakfast... Tuesday morning I woke up early and told him i needed a few things at the store. I drove up to the boys apartment and got started on this birthday breakfast. Darren called Mark and told him that he needed help moving the ping pong table and asked if he could help. When Mark walked in we all yelled SURPRISE! He says that he had NO IDEA! but it really is so hard to surprise him with anything! Mark had two packages to open and a gift from me as well:) I forgot my camera this whole day so I have no pictures :s but at least we have GREAT memories! Mark actually went out and knocked the whole day... that night we went to El Toro (Mark's favorite place to eat!) 
 and then we went and saw -Grown Ups- HILARIOUS! 
I hope that Mark had the best birthday ever!!:) Love you babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment